Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

April Update 2012

I wanted to update you on the progress thus far.  We can not do anything until closing date on May 7th, but are in the process of getting supplies for the kid's rooms.  Each of the kids have their own space and we told them they could tell me how they want it decorated and I would do it for them the two weeks following closing date.

Loralei's design:  Very light purple walls (she doesn't have any windows in her room).  She also wants a silver-leafed ceiling (wowza lol).  The furniture in her room will be all black.  There will be a lot of mirrors in her room and I am going to give her a feature "Jewelry wall" as a surprise :)  So far I have gotten lots of things to hang jewelry on and lots of shelves and such.  I got her a headboard from the thrift store for only $6!  It was black and I am going to tuft the two square portions of it with a lavendar velvet material and crystal buttons.  I have the material and buttons already - waiting on purchasing the foam and batting for the tufting and I will be able to start that project.

Alexis's design:  She has requested hot pink walls with glitter on them!  I looked into this and Valspar makes a glitter additive for paint now.  I am going to paint the walls with a hot pink matte paint and then take a clear paint and add the glitter to it and put that on top of the pink.  All of her furniture is going to be white.  I got her a toddler bed at the thrift store for only $20.  I have a ton of shelving and decor for her as well I have collected from the thrift stores.  I want to get in there and paint and set up the room to see what I have room for.  She loves to dress up so I was thinking of a dress up station or a stage...not sure about the play corner.  I of course will have her play kitchen in there :)

Gavin's design:  He wants the epic boy's room with sports/biking/skateboarding theme?  haha. So, he will have one wall be bright red (the one his bed will be on) and the other walls will be grey.  He will be keeping his current furniture because it works with what we are doing.  I have been given street signs to hang in his room - they are pretty neat.  I just need his curtains and comforter and his room will be ready to go :)

Next post i will put up before pictures and then some inspiration photos for the girls rooms.....
Do you have a Pinterest account?  Follow me there!

No comments: